API v2 - Invalid funding source ValidationError

(Parimal Majithiya) #1

I want to send the money from my one customer account to other

1. First i have created two customer accounts.
  2. Then I have created funding resources for both accounts.
  3. Now i am trying to send money,

But i am always getting validation error.

Can anyone help me out? Or can anyone send me the code for this?

Please see this attached screenshot.

(Spencer Hunter) #2

@Parimal_Majithiya, I’d recommend checking out the Postman collection I created to see an example of what requests look like to our v2 API. More info can be found in the forum post below. The forum post contains a Postman button to import the collection.

Can you show your request body and I can take a closer look as to what is causing the ValidationError?

(Parimal Majithiya) #3

Please find the Request Body in attached screenshot and let me know if i am making any mistake.

(Spencer Hunter) #4

@Parimal_Majithiya, Can you paste in the raw JSON post body into this thread? Also, just to confirm, are you specifying the Content-Type: application/json header? Thanks!

(Parimal Majithiya) #5

Post URL : https://api-uat.dwolla.com/transfers

Accept: application/vnd.dwolla.v1.hal+json
Content-Type: application/vnd.dwolla.v1.hal+json

Request Body : {"_links":{“destination”:{“href”:“https://api-uat.dwolla.com/customers/697240f5-f8e6-49df-8efc-2c4b15d81d3c"},“source”:{“href”:“https://api-uat.dwolla.com/funding-sources/05580570-3525-4152-a494-a29c2d8468f0”}},“amount”:{“currency”:“USD”,“value”:"2”}}

Responce Body

{
“code”: “ValidationError”,
“message”: “Validation error(s) present. See embedded errors list for more details.”,
"_embedded": {
“errors”: [
{
“code”: “Invalid”,
“message”: “Invalid funding source.”,
“path”: “/_links/source/href”,
"_links": {}
}
]
}
}

(Parimal Majithiya) #6

Another screenshot

(Spencer Hunter) #7

@Parimal_Majithiya, It looks like the source bank account is not verified. https://api-uat.dwolla.com/funding-sources/05580570-3525-4152-a494-a29c2d8468f0. A bank account must be verified either by micro-deposits or via the instant account verification flow.

Also, I just removed the backslashes and re-formatted the JSON provided. Once you verify the bank account give the below request body another shot.

{
  "_links":{
    "destination":{
      "href":"https://api-uat.dwolla.com/customers/697240f5-f8e6-49df-8efc-2c4b15d81d3c"
    },
    "source":{
      "href":"https://api-uat.dwolla.com/funding-sources/05580570-3525-4152-a494-a29c2d8468f0"
    }
  },
  "amount":{
    "currency":"USD",
    "value":"2"
  }
}

(Parimal Majithiya) #8

Hi,

But how can i verify the source account in sandbox environment?

(Spencer Hunter) #9

@Parimal_Majithiya, You can go through the IAV flow with the account in which you want to attach a verified bank to, or you can call the API to initiate micro-deposits and verify the bank using and two amounts < $0.10. For additional information, reference our funding source verification resource article.

(Parimal Majithiya) #10

Are you sure? Do we need valid bank account in Sandbox environment as well?

I’m an Indian and i don’t have a bank account of USA and my client is from USA. Can you please help me out?

(Spencer Hunter) #11

@Parimal_Majithiya, The Sandbox environment uses all fake data, which makes it great for developers outside the US who are wanting to test against the Dwolla API. When you go through the IAV flow, feel free to input any value in the input fields as we allow you to proceed through the flow and attach a fake bank account. If adding a bank outside of IAV, feel free to enter 123456789 as the account number and 222222226 as the routing number. :slight_smile:

(Parimal Majithiya) #12

Alright. Can you send me the postman screenshot of this? So that i can
create two accounts like this and test the transfers?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

(Spencer Hunter) #13

@Parimal_Majithiya, A screenshot of the IAV flow or an example request of adding a funding source?

(Parimal Majithiya) #14

It would be great if you can provide both. Thanks

(Parimal Majithiya) #15

Will you provide for both of them?

(Parimal Majithiya) #16

Also my accounts are showing verified and still i am getting invalid funding resource.

Please provide the screenshots of both, i need to see all of them like how are you doing.

I am attaching my screenshot here.

Here my all of the users are verified. I still don’t understand the issue with me.

(Parimal Majithiya) #17

Also i need to specify one more thing that i need to transfer money between customer to customer, not by owner to customer so make sure you suggest the proper way. I don’t know how can i create a funding source for the customer that also created from the API using create customer API.

Also how to verify the customer who is created from the application using the API.

Right now i am checking everything in the sandbox environment.

Thanks for your kind help in advance. Hoping for the reply as soon as possible.

(Parimal Majithiya) #18

Can anyone reply?

(Spencer Hunter) #19

Hey @Parimal_Majithiya, I’d recommend taking a look at some of our developer guides which include example code for calling the Dwolla API. What language are developing your app in and are you looking to leverage Dwolla’s White Label or co-branded solution? Once I know more information about your app and how you’re looking to incorporate Dwolla I can then provide integration recommendations, example code, etc.

(Parimal Majithiya) #20

Hi,

I am creating Android and iPhone application using Dwolla payment gateway.

I have created customer and whole flow but now i am just stuck in Funding Resource.

I want to make the money transfer between one customer to other.

It can be like we will create customer account using Dwolla API, customer will integrate his/her bank account using dwolla then customer can send the money from his account to other customer which has the same thing.

The concept is different then but the requirements are same like this. And for all of there, i want to use Dwolla APIs to create customer to do the transfers.

It would be great if you can fully help me with the example codes and postman screenshots.

I’m not integrating all of these in PHP.

I’m developing everything in Android (Java) and iOS (Using Objective C and Swift) native programming languages.

Thanks for your kind help.