Deleting a Customer?

I’m implementing changes in my web app and need to clear my list of customers. Is there any way to do this?

P.S. - “editing” a Customer’s information does not seem to work - clicking on the edit button shows a blank page. Or am I doing something wrong?

Hi @ngwattcos,

You can deactivate your customers via the API and also via the Dashboard.

For deactivating via the API, you would pass the following request_body to the Customer update endpoint. Here’s an example:

POST https://api-sandbox.dwolla.com/customers/53863b11-1758-47c8-821f-00e6a126f97f
Content-Type: application/vnd.dwolla.v1.hal+json
Accept: application/vnd.dwolla.v1.hal+json
Authorization: Bearer pBA9fVDBEyYZCEsLf/wKehyh1RTpzjUj5KzIRfDi0wKTii7DqY

{
	"status": "deactivated"
}

For deactivating via the Dashboard, you would navigate to the Customers tab, and click on the more options kabob menu and click Deactivate. Here’s example screenshots:

1 Like

Let us know if you come across any questions!

Thanks! When an account is deactivated, is it possible for an unverified personal Customer to create an account with the exact same information (first name, last name, email)?

That’s correct! Deactivating / Suspending a Customer frees up the email address to be used in the creation of a new Customer.

It may also be worth noting that email is the only unique identifier for a Customer, so you can use the same firstName and lastName for another Customer regardless of them being Deactivated.