Dwolla wallet to wallet failure

Hi @shreya

I have below queries:

1. While wallet to wallet transfer for both personal verified customer, is there any transfer failure cases? If yes then can you please share document.

2. Just want to make sure, while transferring wallet to wallet, if transfer failed, amount will not deduct from source wallet balance. Is this correct?

3. How to get Bank to wallet transfer (ACH) fail reason? I knew dwolla will send ‘customer_bank_transfer_failed’ webhook and in which we will get failure object, failure object contain the failure transfer URL, and by this URL we will get reason. But can you share whole response format of get transfer failure reason API? As in sandbox I can’t able to failed transfer.

4. By Dwolla sandbox account, Is there any way to intentionally fail wallet to wallet transfer and ACH transfer ?

Waiting for your valuable reply.

1. While wallet to wallet transfer for both personal verified customer, is there any transfer failure cases? If yes then can you please share document.
    In a wallet to wallet transfer, the transfer will either fail to create due to insufficient funds, or create successfully and the funds will be instantly transferred. There isn’t a case where the transfer will create but later fail due to a return code or otherwise.

2. Just want to make sure, while transferring wallet to wallet, if transfer failed, amount will not deduct from source wallet balance. Is this correct?
    That is correct.

3. How to get Bank to wallet transfer (ACH) fail reason?
    You can test bank transfer failure scenarios in Sandbox by following this guide - Getting started in the sandbox | Dwolla API Documentation

4. By Dwolla sandbox account, Is there any way to intentionally fail wallet to wallet transfer and ACH transfer ?
    You can test this scenario by creating a transfer API call and supplying an amount that is higher than the available balance in the Sender’s Balance/Wallet.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks @shreya

Hello @shreya

Few more questions:

1. If user withdraw fund from wallet, will Dwolla show (available balance - withdraw amount) in user’s wallet?
  2. What functions are available if user’s wallet has funds available but wallet got suspended or unverified?

Thanks.

Hi @sanjay-cygnet!

1. If user withdraw fund from wallet, will Dwolla show (available balance - withdraw amount) in user’s wallet? - Yes. It will immediately show the deducted balance.
  2. What functions are available if user’s wallet has funds available but wallet got suspended or unverified? - The Dwolla Balance cannot be suspended or unverified. However, if the Customer that the balance belongs to is not a Verified status, then they cannot send funds. Checkout our FAQ for more information.

Hi @shreya

Dwolla operational notifications | Dwolla API Documentation I have gone through operation email notification. I have a few question here.

1. From where I can customize email template such as business name, business email, phone, address, etc…

2. After customize the business details, Is dwolla send email to customer?

3. In sandbox, are our customers receive emails?

Hi @sanjay-cygnet

1. In Production, you should be able to customize the options in the Dashboard by navigating to your Account settings page - https://dashboard.dwolla.com/account
  2. Once you customize your email settings and go live with Dwolla, we will automatically start sending emails to the Customers for relevant event.
  3. In Sandbox we do not enable Operational Notifications be default since it’s a testing environment and we would potentially be sending emails to non-existent email addresses and have them bounced.

I want to enabled email notification for sandbox. Can you enabled please?

Hi @sanjay-cygnet – we can temporarily enable Operational Notifications for your Sandbox account for testing. Once you are done testing, let me know and I can disable it in order to avoid sending out emails perpetually.

You should be able to see the email settings now!

Thank you. I will surely update once email notification tested.

Ohh sorry, forgot to mention that, Please enable email notification on below account:

1. dave+sandbox@nxlvl.app
  2. dave+sandbox2@nxlvl.app

Hello @shreya One more thing,

Sandbox Account - dave+sandbox@nxlvl.app
Customer Id - edaac3e3-b16e-453d-a4c4-d301b6277990

In Transaction history when I filter transaction by status=pending, It’s giving processed transaction as well. It may be issue in filter?

Please help here.

Attached screenshot here.

Hi @sanjay-cygnet! I’ve enabled operational notifications for both of the Sandbox accounts!

Thanks for the Customer Id and the screenshot. I took a look at the transactions on our end and they look processed as well. It may just need refreshing. Could you refresh the page and check the list again with the pending filter?

Hi @shreya Thanks.

It working properly now. But it was showing processed at that time, I have verified on dwolla dashboard and by dwolla API as well.

@shreya Can you share dashboard link when I can add business detail for email notification.

I mean, from when I can add business details for operational notification?

Yes! It should be under Email Settings in this page - https://dashboard-sandbox.dwolla.com/account

Can I edit those email setting details? It will be good if you can enable edit on both the sandbox accounts.

Few more queries:

We are showing transaction history to customer in out website.

1. How to get total count of customer’s transactions? Currently I am using https://api-sandbox.dwolla.com/customers/edaac3e3-b16e-453d-a4c4-d301b6277990/transfers API url to fetch total count, but always getting 25. When I am passing limit then it is giving more records.
    Use case: We are using pagination so I need to show total count of transaction to customer and 10 transaction per page. I am achieving per page transaction by using offset and limit but stuck on getting total transaction count.

2. When we do wallet to wallet transfer, we are adding facilitation fee, and this facilitation fee was deducted from destination user. And this facilitation fee create separate transaction for destination user, And as per our use case we are not showing facilitation fee transaction to user so how we will ignore this transactions considering pagination?

Hi @sanjay-cygnet – you should be able to edit the email settings in the Dashboard under you Account profile!

When pulling the transactions list from the API, it will include both legs of each transfer as well. For example, in a bank to bank transfer from Verified Customer A to Verified Customer B, there are multiple legs of the transfer, from Customer A’s bank into their Balance, from Customers A’s Balance to Customer B’s balance, and finally from Customer B’s Balance into their Bank account. If you pull this information directly from the API, then you will have to add logic to only include the relevant transfers in the Customer’s UI and ignore the underlying transfer legs and facilitator fees if you don’t want to display it.

In order to show the Customer’s list of transfers, I would highly recommend pulling the data from your database rather than the API. We send webhook notifications anytime a transfer status updates so you can update your database accordingly.