Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache

(Ian Miller) #1

I’m SO close to getting an integration working. I’ve followed the guide here and gotten to the point that i’ve got a user account created through the Dwolla portal, they’ve granted my application permission, i’ve fetched the user’s bank account href and my company’s bank account href and i’m all ready to issue the transfer, but on the final request it gives me a cryptic error response:

This is from the debug flag being set:

[DEBUG] HTTP Request body  ~BEGIN~
[DEBUG] HTTP Response body ~BEGIN~

* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
*   Trying
* connect to port 443 failed: Connection refused
* Failed to connect to localhost port 443: Connection refused
* Closing connection 22

(Spencer Hunter) #2

That’s great news! Were you able to resolve the issue with sending this request? It sounds like it’s not even making it to our API. To better assist in debugging, are you using the dwolla-swagger-php SDK?

Hi @Ian_Miller, Additionally, you’ll want to update the destination URL to as with our Transfer solution you can only send to an Account and not directly to a funding source attached to an Account.

(Ian Miller) #3

Ahhh… so using Transfer (even the upgraded version) I can’t transfer to the payee’s bank account directly? In reading the guide developers DOT dwolla DOT com/guides/send-money/create-transfer.html (btw, why does this site not let me link to your developers domain?) it says specifically

“If the destination is a Customer, it is recommended that you send to the funding source that belongs to the Customer as opposed to the Customer resource itself”

We definitely prefer to send to the user’s bank account so that they don’t have to take the additional step to log into Dwolla and transfer to their bank account. There’s “same-day ACH” and other features in the upgraded Transfer product that makes me think Dwolla should be able to support this. The Access product is simply too expensive for our business model, but I love your Transfer product except for this one piece (of making the user log into Dwolla to draw funds down to their bank account)!

(Ian Miller) #4

Yes I’m using the PHP Swagger SDK. I figured out the issue resulting in the DNS message was that I wasn’t setting the ApiClient so it was trying to hit “/transfer” (localhost) instead of "" (something I expected that the SDK would have caught but oh well).

Fixed this (forgetting to define $payee_api_client, misspelling the variable “$paye_api_client”, etc.):

$transfersApi = new DwollaSwagger\TransfersApi($payee_api_client);

with this:

$payee_api_client = new DwollaSwagger\ApiClient("");
$transfersApi = new DwollaSwagger\TransfersApi($payee_api_client);

Hopefully this post will help others who make the same mistake (of not defining “$payee_api_client” before instantiating the API client referencing a null variable, etc.).

So now I just have the remaining question of whether there’s a way to deposit directly in the user’s funding source with the upgraded version of Transfer.

(Spencer Hunter) #5

@Ian_Miller, The thread below may help as a workaround for having funds routed to the recipients bank once they’ve cleared to their balance. You can call an endpoint in our v1 API to enable auto-withdraw.

(Cory Anderson) #6

(Cory Anderson) #7

(Cory Anderson) #8