How do I get a first refresh_token

(Gastón Avila) #1

We have a working integration with dwolla using api v2 python. We store a refresh_token which lasts for 60 days and refresh it on demand when our application needs to access it. Our refresh token got outdated and we cannot find how we got it in the first place. How does one get it and where is that in the documentation?

(Spencer Hunter) #2

Hi @Gaston_Avila, In our v2 API, we’ve moved away from user account access tokens which are paired with refresh tokens. That being said, if your application still stores and manages user refresh tokens as part of our co-branded APIs then unfortunately the user will be required to reauthorize your application via OAuth if the refresh token becomes stale and is invalidated or expires. A recommended approach would be to store the expires_in time alongside the refresh token and periodically check against all stored refresh tokens to see if they need to be refreshed.

(Gastón Avila) #3

We are only using dwolla to make payments to contractors from our root account, so these are not user accounts I’m talking about. Even if you guys have “moved away” our current integration depends on this so I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how I should get a refresh token the first time around.
We can later ensure it does not go stale by setting a periodic task afterwards but our problem of not being able to get a refresh token in the first place remain.

(Spencer Hunter) #4

@Gaston_Avila, If you’re looking for an easy way to generate an access token and refresh token for your account then you can do this on the applications page in our legacy dashboard at: https://www.dwolla.com/applications. The alternative would be to implement the OAuth flow to authenticate and authorize your app using your account credentials.