IAV flow backend

Hi,
I am trying to integrate IAV flow with fallbackToMicroDeposits option set to true. I am not getting which and when webhooks get fired during the entire process. I have to handle this at back-end side. Can you please help ?

Hi @IshanM – would you be able to share a list of the webhooks you are expecting but not receiving? To clarify – the IAV flow itself doesn’t send webhooks regarding which stage a User may be at within the flow. This information can be retrieved by handling the Javascript callback - https://developers.dwolla.com/guides/dwolla-js/instant-account-verification/handle-errors#step-4-handle-javascript-callback

We haven’t started development of IAV flow yet. What I need is when do we receive “customer_funding_source_added”, “customer_funding_source_removed”, customer_funding_source_verified" events in preferred and non-preferred flows ? If the customer fallbacks to micro-deposit verification and after entering routing and account numbers, will we receive “customer_funding_source_added” webhook, will the micro-deposits be initiated automatically and will we receive “customer_microdeposits_added” webhook ?

Hi Ishan, thanks for clarifying! In both the preferred and non-preferred flows, you will receive receive a customer_funding_source_added webhook as soon as the banking information is submitted. Here’s a detailed explanation on the timing of webhooks -

In the preferred flow, the following webhooks are sent as soon as the user’s banking credentials are entered and submitted.

• customer_funding_source_added
  • customer_funding_source_verified

In the non-preferred flow, the customer_funding_source_added webhook is sent when the user submits their Account and Routing numbers. Then the customer_funding_source_verified webhook is sent when they successfully verify the bank with their online credentials.

In the fallback to microdeposits, the customer_funding_source_added webhook is sent when the user submits their Account and Routing numbers. The customer_microdeposits_added follows right after, as the microdeposits are automatically initiated upon creating the funding-source.

Hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any questions!