July 2019 Updates - Featuring Me-to-Me Transfers

July 2019 Updates - Featuring Me-to-Me Transfers

As we progress towards our mission of building the ideal platform to move money, we continually introduce ways to showcase our customers’ businesses and brands.
By listening to the needs of our API clients, we are able to evolve our offerings to better support their needs.
Check out our updates from the Month of July.

Me-to-Me Payment Flow: API Update

Previously, when Clients leveraged the Dwolla API for a Me-to-Me payment flow (e.g. creating a savings app), two transfers would need to be created.

1. Transfer from a Customer’s bank to their Balance
  2. Transfer out of the Balance to their Destination bank

Our team has now made it easier for developers to manage the Me-to-Me funds flow by allowing developers to specify the two banks they want to send funds from and where the funds are going to in a single API call.

Check out our developer docs to learn more.

Webhooks in the Dwolla Dashboard

Webhooks and webhook subscriptions are now viewable within the Dwolla Dashboard. This functionality makes it easier for your developers to get information about their webhook subscriptions and view webhooks at a glance without having to build out a custom webhook management solution. With this new functionality, you can now

• View webhook subscriptions and statuses
  • Unpause a webhook subscription
  • View individual webhook statuses (in development)
  • Retry an individual webhook (in development)

To get started, navigate to the applications tab in the Production Dashboard.

Balance Statements

Monthly statements can be created and exported directly from the Dwolla Dashboard. Monthly reports on transfers sent to or from your master Dwolla account (transactions that pass through your master balance) are generated from Dwolla and can be exported as .csv or .pdf.

Dwolla will notify you via webhook when a monthly statement has been created.

Download statements by going to the Downloads tab in the Production Dashboard.

Tech Topics:

Each month our engineering team produces technical content for the engineering community. These could be product updates, as well as some infrastructure improvements Dwolla has made for others to learn how to implement them within their own organizations.

• Jumpstart your API Onboarding using Postman
    A blog that explains how Postman is the perfect tool for quickly testing any API, and continues to be developers’ go-to for sending and inspecting calls to the Dwolla API.

• Dwolla Automation Koala
    This blog explains how the Dwolla Koala bot creates efficiency for our engineers.

Platform Reinforcements:

Dwolla systems continue to maintain excellent uptime in July, exceeding our commitment of 99.9% uptime.

1 Like

I’m very glad webhooks are being added to the Dwolla Dashboard. I’m looking in the sandbox right now and not seeing them though - are they not available in sandbox mode yet?

1 Like

Hey @abe, hope your week is going well.

Webhooks in the dashboard are available in the Production environment right now.

We are pushing webhooks to the Sandbox dashboard publicly in the coming weeks. Currently, it’s a bit hidden, but you can check it out by visiting our new sandbox applications page.
We’ll be phasing out our legacy applications page soon.

1 Like

Great! Love it. I just started implementing webhooks for our application today, and this will be useful.

3 Likes

Great news, thank you for the feedback!
Let us know if you have any questions about the integration as you go forward :+1:

1 Like