Prorated Scheduled Payments and Failed Transactions

(Chris Piggott) #1

Hello Dwolla Team!

I’m excited to start using the Dwolla API!

Reading through the V1 docs currently, and looking at the Scheduled Payments, I was wondering if there was a prorating system in place? If payment was due on the 1st of each month, and they started a subscription on the 15th, could the initial charge be prorated?

If not, I think this would be a great feature for V2, also facilitator fees on Scheduled Transactions would be awesome!

What happens in the event of a failed transaction for scheduled payments? Is the transaction re-tried at all after a certain amount of time?

Thanks,

Chris

(Spencer Hunter) #2

Hi @null, Glad you’re excited to start working with the Dwolla API! See my responses below.

There is no prorating involved with scheduled payments as it is based on a set amount that the user specifies when creating their scheduled payment. When you set up a recurring payment you can only deduct a specific amount which is sent on the scheduled date.

Thanks for the feedback. This is something we will take into consider as we look to add scheduled/recurring to API v2!

The transaction is not retried after a failed transaction for more than one reason. For example, the user may not want to authorize a retry. If for example the source of a recurring payment is a bank where the payment failed because of an insufficient funds the user wouldn’t want to authorize the retry because it would likely fail again.

(Cory Anderson) #3

(Cory Anderson) #4

(Cory Anderson) #5