"Resource does not support this operation" during checking balances in the sandbox

I am getting the error - Error: {“code”:“Unsupported”,“message”:“Resource does not support this operation.”} while calling the following api:
https://api-sandbox.dwolla.com/funding-sources/cab81221-ca03-40a8-a52a-be94ce32add8/balance

Please let me know what is wrong with this. The customer is verified but the funding-source is unverified.

Hi @kumaran – this endpoint only supports checking the balance of a Dwolla Balance type funding-source. Dwolla isn’t able to retrieve the balance of a bank account.

1 Like

Thank you @shreya for the info. Is there a way to retrieve the balance of the bank account via Dwolla, just wanted to know.

Hi @kumaran – I’m afraid there isn’t a way via Dwolla to retrieve the balance of a bank account. However, you can use a third party provider for bank balance checks, like Plaid, Finicity or MX! They also provide bank account verification, which Dwolla requires in order to be able to send funds from a bank account.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

1 Like

Thanks @shreya