Unable to add funding source to account, 403 error

I am getting 403 errors, along with a bunch of CORS errors, every time I try to add a funding source to my Dwolla account. I am trying to add a funding source as part of the ‘Verify Account’ setup for my new account. When I click the + button the page just stutters and seems to do a reload. I’ve tried in both Chrome and Safari with the same result.

Screenshot of my console after clicking the + button:

Edit: I also get the same error when trying to click the ‘Add Billing Source’ section in the Launchpad tab. A modal pops up for less than a second then the same reload occurs and the same errors in console with iav.

Hi @dangoodmanUT!

Thanks for posting! It looks like your Pay As You Go account was in a document status and wasn’t fully verified when you attempted to add a funding-source.

Unfortunately, it also appears that we aren’t able to service your use case at this time. Please find additional details in an email we sent you!

@shreya,

I’m not sure what you mean by:

Unfortunately, it also appears that we aren’t able to service your use case at this time.

I also have not received any additional emails.

It appears your use case involves creating transactions related to gambling, which isn’t supported by Dwolla. You can find more information on that in our Terms of Service.

It would be helpful if that was listed under the “Verification of Business” section on https://www.dwolla.com/resources/going-live-with-dwolla/?utm_source=prod&utm_medium=launchpad&utm_campaign=dwolla-overview

I had assumed that was a conclusive list.