Way to test various webhook events in sandbox

(Rajeev Prasad) #1

Hi,

I have created a webhook and tested it by cancelling one of the pending transfers that it seems to work (though it fired three different event which I understand to be expected). Also I have some test transaction in sandbox that has been pending for more than a week and are not being confirmed, is it what i should expect in sandbox?

Anyways back to my question, is there any way to emulate various failure or success events in Sanbox to test my implementation? There seems to be some mismatch from documentation and what I actually got in request data so it would be great if there is a way to manually or automatically emulate these events in sandbox and get data for testing in the same way I did for cancel.

Rajeev

(Spencer Hunter) #2

@rajeev Webhook requests should trigger when an event occurs in the Sandbox. With regards to transaction outcomes, the Sandbox environment does not replicate any ACH processes, so a pending transfer will not clear or fail automatically after a few business days as it would in production. It will simply remain in the pending state indefinitely. To process(or fail) pending ACH transfers you’ll want to utilize the Sandbox Console. Read more here: https://developers.dwolla.com/resources/sandbox-console.html

(Rajeev Prasad) #3

Thanks Spencer!