Wrong Validation Error Messages Appearing

One of our investors encountered a bug when trying to link a bank account through a micro deposit.

In this case, the user’s micro deposit was not connected and automatically verified by Dwolla. The issue is that the wrong validation message is shown to the user:

Currently happening:

1. The user selects Micro deposit
  2. Submits Information
  3. Connecting the bank account fails, and the user received instant verification validation error message

Desired:

1. The user selects Micro deposit
  2. Submits Information
  3. Connecting the bank account fails, and the user received micro deposit verification validation

Do you know what could be causing the wrong error messages? We already had a member of our development team manually verify the user’s account.

Hi @Paulline_Mallea, do you happen to have the exact error message for reference, as well as a Customer or Funding Source ID we could use to take a closer look?

(Also assuming this is for a bank account that was added using dwolla.js/IAV)

1. Customer ID 4272
  2. Correct

Hi @Paulline_Mallea – thanks for the screenshot!

To help us look up the account, would you be able to share the Dwolla Customer ID and the funding-source ID? Unfortunately, wee cannot look it up with the ID 4272 as it isn’t a Dwolla identifier for the resource.

Hi Shreya,

Below is a screenshot of Dwolla Customer ID and Funding Source ID
Screen Shot 2021-01-11 at 4.10.43 PM

Hi Pauline,

I wasn’t able to find a funding-source with the ID 3178d414-00ff-469d-9ced-5f74fb80743. I think I copied it over right. Is there any other Dwolla Id related to this customer that you could share?

Hi Shreya,

Can you try this customer id 996b6b35-0670-4498-88ca-e2088ab0abef

Hi @Paulline_Mallea! Thanks! That’s the ID I needed! :slight_smile:

It looks like the user tried the IAV route first with their bank, and failed due to it not being supported by IAV.

You can also verify that by using the subscriber function to log which page a user is currently in!

Do you know why the user received a micro deposit message?

Hi @Paulline_Mallea – not sure I follow. Would you be able to share which micro-deposit message the user received?

Also, the original screenshot you shared does not look like a Dwolla Error Message. Would you be able to share the exact Dwolla error message that was sent in the error callback?