Business Verified Customer Quick Guide

Hello,

I’m having some trouble understanding the table here: https://developers.dwolla.com/guides/business-verified-customer#business-verified-customer-quick-guide

The last column is titled ‘Are they required to add certify beneficial ownership?’, how is it different from the third column ‘Are they required to add beneficial owners?’ ?

Thanks!

Hi @r.schmitt ! The two columns are defined as the following.

• Beneficial owner - Any natural person who, directly or indirectly, owns 25% or more of the equity interests of the company.
  • Beneficial ownership certification - An action taken by the Account Admin to confirm that the information provided is correct.

So in a publicly traded company for example, the Account Admin (or person creating the business verified customer on behalf of the business), will just need to confirm that the information they are providing is correct.

Who has ownership of equity does not need to be disclosed, even if they do own 25% or more of the company.

The individual signing up for the account is really just certifying that the information is complete and accurate.

Another example could be kind of like a checkbox saying, yep, I truly am a Non-profit and the info I submitted is complete and accurate.

An analogy could be:

“As a global entry traveler, I am exempt from having to wait in long TSA lines. However, I must still certify that I am able to travel with a valid passport.”

1 Like

Great, thanks!