Dwolla + Plaid Add Funding Resource not allows to add more than 2 banks

Hello,

I am having issue with Dwolla sandbox + Plaid Add FundingSource API call.It throws error that

“Error 119”: “{“code”:“DuplicateResource”,“message”:“Bank already exists: id=983453d3f-9924-40c0-8867-3f872d4d7251”,”_links":{“about”:{“href”:"https://api-sandbox.dwolla.com/funding-sources/98563d3f-9924-40c0-8867-3f872d4d56551",“type”:“application/vnd.dwolla.v1.hal+json”,“resource-type”:“funding-source”}}}"

This is issue we observe while adding 3rd bank account.

Hi @Hiten_Ahirrao – that’s actually expected behavior. Plaid Sandbox only returns two bank accounts - one of type savings and one checking with preset Routing and Account numbers. If a checking account is already added, adding another checking account will return a DuplicateResource error from Dwolla because the Routing/Account numbers are recognized as duplicates for that Customer. You can test adding banks to Dwolla Sandbox by removing a funding-source, and attaching another one again.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

@shreya,

I get it that… But I am removed bank account from funding source and adding new one. Still it shows me error that new bank account is already exists.

Hi @Hiten_Ahirrao – would you be able to share an example funding-source ID which gets returned in the error response? That will help me look into it further to see what’s causing the error.

I tried looking up the funding-source from the first post - 98563d3f-9924-40c0-8867-3f872d4d56551 - and couldn’t find it in our logs for some reason.

@shreya Here is recent response. This us bank i am trying to add

“Error 119”: “{“code”:“DuplicateResource”,“message”:“Bank already exists: id=c0829b46-2488-4a21-9f67-b03a1ab4428b”,”_links":{“about”:{“href”:"https://api-sandbox.dwolla.com/funding-sources/c0829b46-2488-4a21-9f67-b03a1ab4428b",“type”:“application/vnd.dwolla.v1.hal+json”,“resource-type”:“funding-source”}}}"

@shreya Here is new customer first time response

{

"Error 119": "{\"code\":\"DuplicateResource\",\"message\":\"Bank already exists: id=b2be03b8-1f45-42d1-94d5-2ca1bab2251b\",\"_links\":{\"about\":{\"href\":\"https://api-sandbox.dwolla.com/funding-sources/b2be03b8-1f45-42d1-94d5-2ca1bab2251b\",\"type\":\"application/vnd.dwolla.v1.hal+json\",\"resource-type\":\"funding-source\"}}}"

}

@shreya

Did you get any idea by looking into log? do you need anything else ?

Hi @Hiten_Ahirrao – I’m seeing that the above mentioned two Customers already have two banks attached. There’s a few removed banks as well, but there are already two active bank account. That’s why you’re receiving the DuplicateResource error when trying to attach a third bank, which has the same Account and Routing number as one of the already attached ones. With Plaid, even if you select a different Bank’s checking account, it will have the same AC // RN as the checking account of a different Bank. In short, there’s only two unique Bank accounts you can attach using Plaid, one of type savings and one of type checking.