Questions Regarding White label Customer Understanding

(Vivekkumar K) #1

Hi

As per my understanding of your document ,correct me if Iam wrong somewhere.

I have created an application for US people where users login within my application and we create an dwolla account for them and Adding his bank account through IAV and they can transfer money between them(user to user and Bank to Bank transfer) and we collect the facilator fees from them.In order to do so i have followed the following steps.

I have created an account for my application and i get the client Id and client secret,by calling the application access token API i get the access token with this i can call API for Creating white label customer and for transfers money,

We have Choosed White Label Integration

Suppose i have two user in my application user A and user B

Following steps
1.create an verified customer account and a verified bank account for user A
2.create an unverified customer account and unverified bank account for user B
3.To transfer money from user-A(verified customer account with verified bank) to user -B(unverified account and unverified bank)
-we are calling transfer API that transfer Funds from user A bank account to user B bank account and our application collects the facilator fees.the facilator fees is deposited in the application account
4.we have webhooks subscription and we are notifying our user with this in case of money transfer

I have few question regarding this
1.is this the correct flow
2.How long it will take to transfer money from source bank account to destination bank account
3.In case of transfer failure the amount will be refund back to user- A bank account?

(Spencer Hunter) #2
  1. The flow you outlined for on-boarding Customers on your application looks correct to me. The Customer account types you choose to have your users create ultimately depends on your business model and what is most applicable. Regardless, it’s important to note that at least one party must complete the identity verification process, either the sender or the receiver.

2. For Standard ACH: it’s 3-4 business days for the sending transaction to clear. It’ll then take one additional business day to clear to the recipients bank. As an example, if a transaction is initiated at 1pmCT on Monday it should clear on Thursday morning. The funds will then go to the recipient and should clear the following business day morning.
    For Next-day ACH: It’s 1-2 business days for the sending transaction to clear. It’ll then take one additional business day to clear to the recipients bank. As an example, if a transaction is initiated at 1pmCT on Monday it should clear Tuesday morning. The funds will then go to the recipient and should clear the following business day morning. Next-day requires approval from Dwolla in order for your customers to get access to this faster clearing time.

3. When a bank transfer fails, going to the destination user’s bank (user B) then funds will automatically return to either a) the destination user’s balance if they are a Verified Customer and can hold a balance. OR b) the sending user’s balance if they are a Verified Customer. It is then up to your application/user to process the refund back to the source bank account.