Transfer Function Restrictions

(Garrett Lee) #1

Hello Dwolla Community,

I am looking for some clarification on any restrictions of the _links parameter when initiating a transfer. Specially, I am curious about the following:

1. Can any customer send funds to any other customer, even if the customers were created under two different accounts?
  2. Can a customer send funds to an account (and vice versa), even if that customer was not created under the account she would like to send funds to?
  3. Are there any restrictions between source and destination for transfers, based on how accounts and customers were created?

Thanks!

(Shreya Thapa) #2

Hi @Garrett_Lee,

1. In order to transfer funds between customers, they have to be created under the same Dwolla Master Account.
  2. This would also follow the same rule as #1. The customer would have to be created under the Dwolla Master Account to be able to send/receive funds to/from the Dwolla Account.
  3. To answer this question, I would like to point you to this resource article in Dwolla’s developer pages - https://developers.dwolla.com/resources/account-types.html

I hope that helped answer your questions. If not, please feel free to post here anytime!

(Garrett Lee) #3

Thanks, @shreya! This was very helpful.

Just one final point of clarification - is any Dwolla Master Account able to send funds to any other Dwolla Master account?

(Shreya Thapa) #4

I’m afraid that isn’t possible.

To clarify further, the Dwolla Master Account would be the account established on dwolla.com for your business. If you wanted to transact with another business that is a Dwolla partner, you would have to onboard the business entity as a Customer on your platform.

Please let me know if I can help clarify things further!

(Garrett Lee) #5

Thanks for the clarification. That helps a lot.

(Shreya Thapa) #6

Glad I could help!

Please feel free to reach out if you come across any further questions!