New Funding Source Not Added After Success Response

The first time I try to add a funding source to a new customer, it works. Then if I try to add another account, I get a success response but it does not add the account.

2021-12-21_09-47-01 (1)

You can see from the UI everything looks like it was successful, but when I refresh the Dwolla dashboard, there is no new funding source added.

Here’s the code to initialize the IAV:

dwolla.configure('sandbox');
dwolla.iav.start('{{$iavToken}}', {
    container: 'iavContainer',
    stylesheets: [
        'https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Lato&subset=latin,latin-ext'
    ],
    microDeposits: 'true',
    fallbackToMicroDeposits: 'true'
}, function (err, res) {
    console.log('Error: ' + JSON.stringify(err) + ' -- Response: ' + JSON.stringify(res));
});

Here’s the response I got in the console:

Error: null -- Response: {"_links":{"funding-source":{"href":"https://api-sandbox.dwolla.com/funding-sources/93c72ca9-e3b5-4d10-a144-03a34fe1456b"}}}

Hi @KevinMcKee

I know it sometimes takes a bit for it to appear on the dashboard. What happens if you make a call to the API to retrieve the newly created funding source?

Also, in the dashboard, is the null persistent if you try to navigate away from the tab and come back?

It is still not there. I’ve tried multiple times and it never shows up. It’s not there through the API either.

I can, however, add an account using microdeposits. There is just some issue with adding another account using instant verification.

Hmm… ok. I’m nothing seeing anything wrong in your code, but I just looked up the customer that owns the funding source in your res, and got 78325dfd-cbfa-4d92-b316-7f7b6d0184fa

It looks like they are an unverified customer, so I’m wondering if this has anything to do with funding source limits for unverified customers.

The default limit for verified customers is 6. Would you be able to test this on a Verified Customer record? If the issue persists it could be code related

So that’s the problem. That ID that was sent back is the same ID as the account that I had previously added to my account using instant verification.

If you look back at the video I uploaded, you could pause it and see that the account named “Your Account #1 - CHECKING” had that ID 93c72ca9-e3b5-4d10-a144-03a34fe1456b already. This is the first account I added with the instant verification. Then when I completed the IAV flow a second time, it said that it added the account successfully, but it didn’t. It just sent back the ID of my existing account.

What is the customer id we should be looking at?

78325dfd-cbfa-4d92-b316-7f7b6d0184fa

The API returned this funding source ID: 93c72ca9-e3b5-4d10-a144-03a34fe1456b

That corresponds with a funding source that was already attached to this customer.

2021-12-21_14-09-55

So instead of attaching the new “Wells Fargo” account that I wanted, the API just returned the ID of something that already exists.

Hi @KevinMcKee!

Sorry for the confusion! The IAV only has two bank accounts that you can test with – one checking and one savings. Since you have the checking account already added, attempting to add another checking account points you back to the same bank. This part is working as expected.

To continue, try selecting the “savings” account from the account selection screen, or remove the checking account and add it again. Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any questions!

IAV only has two bank accounts that you can test with – one checking and one savings. Since you have the checking account already added, attempting to add another checking account points you back to the same bank.

@shreya Just to confirm, this is just a Sandbox thing, right? In production, a user can add multiple checking accounts via the IAV?

Hi @KevinMcKee , that’s correct. Dwolla’s Sandbox environment has a fake service setup which is only populated with 2 different account and routing number pairs. In production, it’d be using live data for a user’s connected bank account.