Transferring funds between a customer's checking account and balance

(Hadil Sabbagh) #1

Is it possible to transfer between a customer’s checking account and her balance? I don’t seem to be able to do that in the console and I am reticent to start writing code if I don’t know for sure.

Thanks,
Hadil

(Shreya Thapa) #2

Hi @Hadil_Sabbagh, since Customers(end-users) would need to approve any outgoing transfers, the functionality to create transfers from Customer accounts is not available in the Dashboard. You can still create outgoing transfers from a Customer’s funding-sources via the API, including a transfer between a Customer’s checking account and her balance.

Alternatively, you can send funds to your Customers from your Master Account via the Dashboard since they won’t need to approve incoming transfers.

I hope that helped answer your question! Please let me know if I can help clarify further, or answer any questions!

(Hadil Sabbagh) #3

Hi @shreya. Thanks for your response. How does the Customer approve an outgoing transfer using the API?

Hadil

(Shreya Thapa) #4

You’re welcome! What I meant by approval was that the Customer would need to have the option to initiate a transfer by themselves. If your use case includes automatic billing, or on-demand transfers originating from the Customer’s account, then you would have to get prior authorization from the Customer for any future transfers that may be initiated from their account on their behalf. To get the authorization, you would call this end-point when creating the Customer,

POST https://api.dwolla.com/on-demand-authorizations