Create a funding source for an account

(Webapps Llc) #1

Hello,

From https://dashboard-sandbox.dwolla.com/applications-legacy I am able to make an application.

Also, I got the Access token using this API: https://sandbox.dwolla.com/oauth/v2/token

But my questions are:

if I want to transfer fund to another user than its needs to compulsory that both users need to register on Dwolla.

Means I need to add bank detail of another user which I want to transfer a fund?

Using another user mobile number and anything did it possible to transfer funds?

Because I am used the API in iOS app and if I collect the user bank detail through my app then apple will reject my app because of privacy issue.

So, is there any way to transfer funds without collecting bank detail through my app? is your API provides any UI that collects bak info and add it to your server?

Thanks.

(Cory Anderson) #2

If I want to transfer fund to another user than its needs to compulsory that both users need to register on Dwolla.
Correct. You will need to create a Customer prior to adding a bank account and subsequently transferring funds.

Means I need to add bank detail of another user which I want to transfer a fund?
Correct. You will need to add and verify a bank of the source Customer.
There are three methods of doing this

1. Plaid Integration
  2. Instant Account Verification (IAV) via Dwolla.js
  3. Microdeposits

Using another user mobile number and anything did it possible to transfer funds?
Can you elaborate on this question? You can definitely capture a mobile number when your Customer signs up for a Dwolla Customer account. When initiating a transfer, however, our recommended accepted parameters for a Destination is either a fundingSourceId, or customerId.

Because I am used the API in iOS app and if I collect the user bank detail through my app then apple will reject my app because of privacy issue.
We have had many Partners go live in the Apple Store with their applications. I would recommend getting in touch with our business development team to talk through what your application can do so you can get listed on the Apple Store.

So, is there any way to transfer funds without collecting bank detail through my app? is your API provides any UI that collects bank info and add it to your server?
Both the Plaid and IAV solutions use tokenization methods to help keep data from hitting your servers.