Transfering money from one user to another

Hi, I am new to this platform called Dwolla and I need some help to create an application that allows for users to send money to each other. For example, Say hypothetically if one user Bill wants to send money to his friend Rick for money he owed for a pizza that Rick had to pay because Bill forgot his wallet at home. Another question on top of that is how can incorporate an application that I created on Dwolla to connect and be able to use on an app on Mobile Devices such as an iPhone.

Hi @Abhi_S – we’re happy to help!

Here’s a helpful guide on the transferring money between your users using Dwolla which also covers the Customer types, and bank account verification methods you’d have to consider with this funds flow.

As for integrating Dwolla into the mobile app you’re creating, you should be able to do so as long as you’re able to call Dwolla’s API from the server-side of you application. I wish I had more resources to share with you, but for now a quick Google search for “Connecting backend APIs to mobile apps” should provide with plenty of helpful information.

Hope that helps!

Hi @shreya

I am in a similar scenario as Abhi_S but I am building an android application.

Not sure if I am missing something but I am having a hard time finding the guide that you’re referring to in your response. Could you please provide me additional information on this?

Thank you!

Hi @nparajul – My bad! I forgot to link the guide in the post :sweat_smile:

I have updated the post above with the link to the guide. Here’s also the link - https://developers.dwolla.com/guides/transfer-money-between-users

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions! :slight_smile: