How to transfer money from Dwolla customer wallet(balance) to Dwolla customer bank account?

Hi,

1. We have created a customer on Dwolla.
  2. Created funding source URLs (ex: chase checking account, chase savings account).
  3. We have initiated a transaction of the amount of $100 from a Chase checking account to a Chase
    savings account.
  4. In case of Dwolla side face any issue(Ex: Insufficient fund issue) in the transaction then at that time Dwolla will return the amount into the Dwolla customer’s wallet, correct?
  5. Can you please guide us on how to return funds from the Dwolla customer wallet balance to the Dwolla customer bank account? which API and params we need to use in these scenarios?

Thanks
Pratik Mehta

Hi Pratik,

1. In case of Dwolla side face any issue(Ex: Insufficient fund issue) in the transaction then at that time Dwolla will return the amount into the Dwolla customer’s wallet, correct?

If we receive an R01 insufficient funds ACH return within the normal processing time, then the funds will never leave Source bank at all. However, in the case that we receive a late ACH return after the transfer has already completed and settled into the Receiving bank account, there will be different scenarios based on the Customer types involved in the transfer.

• If this a Me-to-Me transfer created by a Verified Customer, then their Dwolla Balance will decrease. You can find more detailed information here.
  • If this a transfer from a Verified Customer to an Unverified Customer, then the Dwolla Balance of the Sender will decrease. More information can be found here.
  1. Can you please guide us on how to return funds from the Dwolla customer wallet balance to the Dwolla customer bank account? which API and params we need to use in these scenarios?

In the case where a return causes an increase in a Verified Customer’s Balance, you can simply use the Transfers endpoint to create a transfer with the Customer’s Balance funding-source set as the “source” and their bank set as the “destination”.

Hope that helps! Please let us know if you come across any questions!

Hi Shreya,
Thank you for your support.

I have some more queries.

1. If I have been initiated a transaction from customer A checking account to the customer a savings account. in between, the supposed transaction will be failed then how can I refund my money back from the Dwolla customer wallet balance to the customer source bank account(from a bank account)?
    2.which are webhook topic do I need consider for the refund scenario?
    example: “customer_bank_transfer_creation_failed”, “customer_bank_transfer_failed”,“customer_transfer_cancelled”,“customer_transfer_failed”

It will be more helpful to me.