What are the credentials needed to get the balance of a customer's funding source(bank account)

(Genaro Legaspi) #1

I tried the ruby steps in getting the balance of a customer’s funding source which is in this link https://docsv2.dwolla.com/#retrieve-a-funding-source-balance. But I get this error

DwollaV2::ForbiddenError: {“code”=>“Forbidden”, “message”=>“The supplied credentials are not authorized for this resource.”}

How do I get the balance of a customer’s funding source/bank account

The funding source is create through Dwolla.js IAV

(Spencer Hunter) #2

@Genaro_Legaspi, This feature (bank balance check) is an add-on as part of our Access API, therefore it isn’t enabled by default in our Sandbox. Please let me know if you’re interested in testing this out and I can get this enabled on your Sandbox account! (DM me your Sandbox account email address)

(Genaro Legaspi) #3

Thanks for the reply @spencer, I’m interested to test this out. How can I make a DM here or can I just put the email here.

(Genaro Legaspi) #4

hello @spencer if I integrate this feature on production(not on sandbox) is this free?

(Genaro Legaspi) #5

Already sent the email

(Josh Mante) #6

hi @spencer i’m also interested on enabling bank balance check on my dwolla sandbox account, here’s my dwolla sandbox email excelsior.mante@gmail.com

(Spencer Hunter) #7

@excelsior.mante, This feature has been enabled on your sandbox account.

(Josh Mante) #8

hi @spencer thank you for the quick response, now i’m getting this response when calling the getbalance api, all api’s works fine aside from the getbalance, im using the dwolla-swagger-php library

this is the exact call I make to use getbalance api

(Spencer Hunter) #9

@excelsior.mante, The funding source ID you are passing into the request appears to identify a bank that was connected using the Dwolla + Plaid integration. If you’re using Plaid’s IAV solution for verifying bank account ownership then you’ll want to call Plaid’s API to obtain the user’s connected bank balance. If you’re using Dwolla’s IAV solution, then you can call Dwolla’s API to obtain the user’s connected bank balance.