Application token: How to get Transfer by Id?

(Adam Esterle) #1

I want to be able to get transfer information by id for a transfer that happened through my application.

When OAuth’d with my application token, I cannot do this. I need to be OAuth’d with a user who is a part of that transfer.

Any way around this so that me - as my application - can see transfer details done through my application?

Also, if I just have the transfer id, I cannot get any more information and therefore do not even know the OAuth account # that I should OAuth as

(Spencer Hunter) #2

You currently must receive authorization from the Dwolla account in order to access the user’s transfer data. It’s recommended to request the Transactions scope when sending the user through the OAuth flow, and store the access token/refresh token alongside the user in your database. I will pass along your feedback to our Product team with regards to fetching transaction related information with only requiring application authorization.

(Adam Esterle) #3

Thank you for passing that along. I see no reason not to be able to retrieve it.

Because when the transaction is made they are OAuth’d and therefore I can “see” all of the information and be able to store it.

So since I had access at that time, it would be nice to get access on demand in the future. At least that’s my superficial understanding