Customer verification statuses

Hi :wave:

I want to make sure I understand correctly the verification process. Especially the customer status transitions.
We have KBA enabled. Can I assume that statuses will change according to my notes:

unverified β†’ retry or suspended or verified
retry β†’ kba or suspended or verified
kba β†’ document or verified or suspended
document β†’ verified or suspended

If user failed first attempt of the verification he can be placed only in retry or suspended status?
Is there any possibility that the status will change to document instead of retry?
The same question about retry, can status change directly to document?

Bests,
Klaudia

Hi @klaudia.on – you’re spot on! With KBA enabled, those are the correct status progressions.

If user failed first attempt of the verification he can be placed only in retry or suspended status?

• Correct!

Is there any possibility that the status will change to document instead of retry ?

• No. After the first attempt fails, we always put the account into retry to give the user a chance to correct any information they may have miskeyed and also to enter their full SSN.

The same question about retry, can status change directly to document?

• Only if KBA is disabled, or if it is a Business Verified Customer type. KBA only applied to Personal Verified Customers.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any clarifying questions!

Thanks @shreya!

One follow-up question:
If the user is already verified is there any possibility that the status will change to suspended?
If so, what can cause it?

Hi @klaudia.on – a Customer may move from verified to suspended if they get a return code that has that automated action as mentioned in our list of return codes here - ACH Transfer Failures | Dwolla API Documentation