Update Business Profile in Retry Status

Hi @shreya
I’m updating a business profile with “parternership” businessType. Dwolla API returns “Business Owner address1 cannot be modified.”, but when i remove “adress1” from controller > address, it says “Business Owner address street address is required.”. Can anyone let me know what’s the issue ?

Hi @ajay, I can take a look at our logs for the request bodies and see what’s up. Would you be able to share the Customer Id?

Also, are you trying to upgrade it from an Unverified Customer to a Business Verified Customer?

Hi @shreya, here’s the customer id “7687c59a-eb4c-47d8-993e-0e113fbabc3a”. I had a verified business customer. I set its status to “retry” manually using dwolla api and was updating the same to check the update information. Also will i receive any error message in webhook that will field was incorrect while submitting the data of customer ? If not how can i check this “retry” scenario of customer.

Hi @ajay.netset – ah, I see that the request was to attempt to update information on an already verified Customer which resulted in the following error:

{
   "code":"ValidationError",
   "message":"Validation error(s) present. See embedded errors list for more details.",
   "_embedded":{
      "errors":[
         {
            "code":"ReadOnly",
            "message":"Controller address1 cannot be modified.",
            "path":"/controller/address/address1",
            "_links":{

}
         },
         {
            "message":"Controller title cannot be modified.",
            "path":"/controller/title",

}
         },
         {
            "message":"Controller last name cannot be modified.",
            "path":"/controller/lastName",

}
         },
         {
            "message":"Controller first name cannot be modified.",
            "path":"/controller/firstName",

}
         }
      ]
   }
}

These fields cannot be modified for a verified Customer. If you’re trying to test a customer in retry status, try creating a new verified customer with the firsName set to “retry” as per these docs - Getting started in the sandbox | Dwolla API Documentation

Hope that helps!

Could you tell me one more error ID !
052eb096-7159-4491-9435-6c864249f9a3

Hi @ajay.netset – thanks for reporting! Looks like you ran into a known internal issue we are currently work on fixing. In the meantime, we recommend continuing to retry the request based on your retry logic for these kind of server errors of code 5**.

@shreya, i have a business customer in retry state. How can i know which detail of customer got rejected? So that user can update those fields only. Also all details were filled correctly.

Hi @ajay.netset – I’m afraid there isn’t a way to determine exactly which fields are affected, so the user will need to re-enter all of their information along with their full ssn on the retry attempt.