Uploaded document vs Pending documents

So based on the customer links I can know which documents I should ask my users to complete the verification process, and I can query the documents users already uploaded, but how can I match them?

Use case:
A user requires to upload two documents and let’s say he/she uploads one of them and it is rejected.
So I can tell there is one rejected and one pending, but if I want to improve the UX, I would like to tell the user which was rejected and which is still pending.

I would like to show something like:

document 1:

• xxx.pdf rejected
  • pending

document 2

• pending

Is it possible?

Hi @David! Yes, displaying to the user that status on their documents is possible! You can retrieve each document using its ID via the API, and find out if a document has been reviewed, rejected or approved. If he document is rejected, you’ll find the failure reason within the same response body.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

But how can I know to which link correspond each document.

Let’s say I query a customer with this two links: verify-with-document and verify-business-with-document.
So I’ll ask the customer to upload two documents.

Now I can get:

• 2 links in the customer query
  • 2 documents in the uploaded documents query

How can I know which document corresponds to which link?

@shreya any updates on this?

Thx in advanced

Hi David! I apologize for missing this!

I’m afraid there issn’t a straightforward way to correspond the uploaded documents to the verify-with-document and verify-business-with-document. However, you can tell them apart by the “type” of the document sent in the response when viewing a Customers documents.

• “type” : “other” is used for Business documents
  • “type” : " passport , license , or idCard" are used for Controller documents

Heere’s an example of a Controller document -

"documents": [
    {
        "_links": {
            "self": {
                 "href": "https://api-sandbox.dwolla.com/documents/aa3ff8f5-1b7b-4bae-80c5-a4ab4d03a809",
                 "type": "application/vnd.dwolla.v1.hal+json",
                 "resource-type": "document"
             }
        },
        "id": "aa3ff8f5-1b7b-4bae-80c5-a4ab4d03a809",
        "status": "pending",
        "type": "license",
        "created": "2020-11-25T19:07:16.000Z"
    }
]

Hope that helps!