Wallet functionality in app database

I need wallet functionality in my app in which user can add money to wallet from bank account and charge them fee. but Dwolla is charging on me-to-me transfer. in order to do a single transaction, can I make wallets in my app database? I’ll keep these funds in the admin wallet/account in the Dwolla network and give them amount after charging fee in my db wallet.

Hi @ajay.netset

Can you elaborate on what you mean by a db wallet?

You should already have a Dwolla balance (wallet) in your Client account. Personal and Business Verified Customers also carry a Dwolla balance.

If you’re interested in charging a facilitator fee per transaction on your app, we offer this as a feature as well

I want my customers to add money to their wallet from their bank account, while doing this I want to charge the fee to the user. Since Dwolla will charge me for the same transaction. How can I charge on me-to-me transfer? If not so then I’ll create a wallet for every user in my database of the app, send the amount from the user bank to app admin, charge fee and then update the balance in my app wallet. This is flow in my mind.

@kmoreira @shreya I want my customers to add money to their wallet from their bank account, while doing this I want to charge the fee to the user. Since Dwolla will charge me for the same transaction. How can I charge on me-to-me transfer? If not so then I’ll create a wallet for every user in my database of the app, send the amount from the user bank to app admin, charge fee and then update the balance in my app wallet.

Hi @ajay.netset

If you have Verified Customers, they should be able to do this, however the facilitators fee can only be applied to a transaction between two parties, so it cannot be included in me-to-me transfers.

@kmoreira is that even a solution ? You only replied to the part which is available from dwolla. What about the description that I gave!

Hi Kmoreira, I want to charge my customers on me-to-me transfer when
they add money to wallet from bank account and vice versa. I already
know facilitator fee is only applicable in two parties. What’s way to do
this?

Hi @ajay.netset

Our Sales team at sales@dwolla.com should be able to help you with this